Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

How Iyanya missed the plane crash

By Hilda Oghuma
 
Few hours after yesterday’s plane crash involving a Dana aircraft McDonnell Douglas (MD-83) at Iju, Lagos, fast rising singer, Iyanya Mbuk has revealed how he missed the flight – thus narrowly escaping death.
The PFWA alumnus said he had no meaningful reason to not have been on the flight. ‘I don’t think I had an authentic reason to stay back in Abuja. I just came up with an excuse that I wanna go to the studio in Abuja‘, the singer wrote on his Twitter page.
He further said, ‘When it’s not your time, It’s not yours. It took me 30 minutes to convince my manager that we should stay back in Abuja. God is great!!!
The crash is reported to have claimed the lives of 153 passengers on board, including that of ace broadcaster and NNPC spokesman, Levi Ajunoma, Ehime Aikhomu, son of a former Chief of General Staff of Nigeria and more.
Iyanya’s  latest single ‘Kukere‘ is currently gaining more air play on TV and radio stations across the country with his Efik ‘Etighi’ dance step.

No comments:

Post a Comment