Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

THEY WILL TRULY BE MISSED

Have you ever enjoyed the company of someone and all of a sudden, there is a news (maybe as a result of circumstances or change) that you wouldn't be seeing them again maybe for sometime or even forever.

I can see some of you nodding your heads in affirmation. That is the situation we found ourselves, not long after the Nigeria Owerri Mission was announced. I remembered vividly well missionaries debating in the apartment what mission they are going to fall under.

But I for one was ready to go anywhere. Remember it is easy to say welcome but more difficult to say goodbye. This is what we will be facing in a couple of months I said to myself after the New Mission was announced some few months back. I remembered how it felt like when we received the mail from our Mission President (Anthony M. Kaku) on the 11th day of December, 2015.

Not long after the announcement the D Day came and it was time for handover from President and Sister Kaku to President and Sister Aliche. I said to myself having found myself in Nigeria Owerri Mission "I truly will miss Sister Kaku", I hope we get an understanding and a caring Mission President's wife like Sister Kaku, she is just but caring. She is a mother indeed.
From Left to Right Elder Iniunam, Elder Anamoah, President and Sister Kaku, Elder Otumabri and Elder Boateng

It was difficult to say goodbye, but we have to say goodbye. As we took our last photograph with them having I, my companion (Elder Boateng), the Owerri Zone Leaders who turned out to be the New (First) Assistants of the Mission (Elder Iniunam and Elder Anamoah) I had goose bumps. I knew time to say goodbye to President and Sister Kaku and time to say welcome to President and Sister Aliche.
A pleasant view from Nigeria Owerri Mission Home Balcony

They will truly be missed in this new chapter of my Mission experience and to remember the impact they have had in my life, i hope to fulfill the promise i made to President Kaku to finish the Book of Mormon thrice throughout my mission. I am not there yet, but i hope to get there soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment